Pages

Intro

As I am a Fine Art student from Liverpool I like to experiment with many things and Eco Fashion is one of my experimentation I exploring at the moment but still carrying on with my other social theme's. I got this idea to explore Eco Fashion because I am starting a beginners sewing course in September to learn how to use my sewing machine, I have learned the basics when I was in school and college and when it comes to using my own sewing machine it turns into rocket science, so this course will be really helpful. Also because my current studio practice in university is about the poverty driven side of Liverpool etc, council estates. So I put both of them together and came up with Eco Fashion as a theme. I researched a bit about Eco Fashion and looked designers and they really inspired me. at the moment I am only doing drawings of my ideas because I don't think it is an appropriate theme for my studio practice but is something I want to explore in my spare time.

Friday 20 September 2013

Stage Two Of My Sculpture/Clothing

The next stage of my dress sculpture was to collage it with newspaper to create an all round standard background and all so to cover up the masking tape. Doing the collage on top made the dress more strong and durable. I also had to take it of the mannequin and put the Velcro down the side so I was able to take it on and off the mannequin witch endured a lot of effort. Once I took it of the mannequin I had to be careful on how I handled it and were I put it because on the inside it was very loose so on certain parts I had to stick duct tape on it. I all so had the issue of trying to get the dress back on to the mannequin with out it falling apart and because I stuck duct tape on the inside the dress shrunk in width. So to solve this issue I had to make small slices in the parts I was trying to stretch to fasting the velcro. As the sculpture/dress stands right now it is holding on and turning out quite well as a whole but there is still steps left in the designing process, but I am excited to see the final outcome.

(Copy-wrights Owned By Lyndsey Morgan)
This is a photograph of my dress/sculpture before I collaged it with newspaper. Also at this stage I stuck the velcro on so it be to come on and off the mannequin.

 
(Copy-wrights Owned By Lyndsey Morgan)
This is the stage that it is at now.

No comments:

Post a Comment