Pages

Intro

As I am a Fine Art student from Liverpool I like to experiment with many things and Eco Fashion is one of my experimentation I exploring at the moment but still carrying on with my other social theme's. I got this idea to explore Eco Fashion because I am starting a beginners sewing course in September to learn how to use my sewing machine, I have learned the basics when I was in school and college and when it comes to using my own sewing machine it turns into rocket science, so this course will be really helpful. Also because my current studio practice in university is about the poverty driven side of Liverpool etc, council estates. So I put both of them together and came up with Eco Fashion as a theme. I researched a bit about Eco Fashion and looked designers and they really inspired me. at the moment I am only doing drawings of my ideas because I don't think it is an appropriate theme for my studio practice but is something I want to explore in my spare time.

Sunday 22 September 2013

Where I position my studio practice in the art world?

This is a general question I would like to ask myself and what other people are probably asking themselves about my studio practice. I would like to think my work has a political side to it by referencing how the government is effecting our day to day lives including the way we function as a person, are past and future and the world we live in today. Some of them things are a big part of peoples lives and most of the time we are controlled by what we can and can't do, and money is a big part of that. That is were my studio practice fit's in with the type of art I am creating. Last year my work was purely about the community I live in and how it is run on a daily basis and it's perceived to the public. I referenced this by photographs showing a large detail on how the council estate appears due to the council, residents and the government.This year my work has a more diverse angle and theme but still trying to incorporate the community. This year my studio practice is concentrating on how we are perceived as an individual and how are thoughts can overlook a persons personality and confidence basically like stereotyping. Example someone who is poorly dressed, scruffy looking and not well presented you could probably guess what kind of background they have and the life they are living. It all so has a twist with what we want and what we can't have due to funding (money), responsibilities etc. Also I would like to state that my work somehow has something to do with the community and society. In my work I am going to try and concentrate on using found objects with the acceptance of using a lot of paper and tools I will need to use. I would like to think I have explained this as clear as possible because it was quite difficult to try and convert it from an idea to my actual studio practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment